Prep Time: 5 minutes
Whoever came up with the phrase "Don't play with your food!" must have been eating very boring meals. Food and play go hand in hand and with this recipe, it is your chance to play.
You can now become the (vegan) artist you have always dreamed of! Your paint will be fruit, your brushes will be spoons, and your canvas will be a bowl. What you will be painting today is a glorious smoothie bowl landscape!
A smoothie bowl is a fun, delicious and filling 'drink' that can also replace a meal. Like all smoothies, smoothie bowls are very easy to make but require a little more blending. You really have the chance to play with your food when making a smoothie bowl and each serving is unique in terms composition.
Get ready to be creative!
For 2 smoothie bowls:
- 1 Avocado
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup chia pudding or raw chia seeds
- Maple syrup (to taste)
- Sliced fruit
- You first need to select which fruits you want to feature. I often use either avocado or banana as my base and add to that. Avocados have a silky texture that make your fruit creamy. Bananas do the same and their flavour really pops out when blended.
- Blend one avocado (or 2 bananas) with one cup water and syrup (if you want it sweet) until smooth.
- Pour half into your bowl, and keep half in your blender.
- Next choose your berry, add to the avocado paste and puree. *you may need to add half a cup of water to ease the blending process.
- Pour this berry mixture into the same bowl as the avocado, making an interesting design.
- Add some contrasting designs with chia seeds or chia pudding to compliment your smoothies.
- Garnish with fresh fruit, and devour your masterpiece!
image from flickr.com