Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
This is a delicious and healthy recipe for vegan pancakes. Start you day off right. For this, you will need:
• 1 ¼ cups of organic whole wheat flour
• 2 tablespoons of organic cane or turbinado sugar
• 2 teaspoons of organic baking powder
• ½ a teaspoon of salt • 1 ¼ cups of water
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large bowl. Wisk the water and oil together in a small bowl. Make a whole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet. Then stir until blended. The mixture will be lumpy.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium high heat. Drop the batter by large spoonfuls onto the griddle. Cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry. Flip and cook until it is brown on the other side. This recipe yields 9 pancakes.
Add two tablespoons of organic Maple Syrup for flavor. With all this said, eating three of these pancakes is very filling. They could make your bigger portion of the meal for those of you watching your calorie count for weight loss. This is a plus for your carbohydrate and fiber intake for the day.
The organic Whole Wheat has a natural source of B Vitamins that you will get from eating these pancakes. They will give you energy for your aerobic activities for the day which is going to allow you to burn off even more calories and some subcutaneous body fat. It also produces vitamin E, which is an antioxidant protecting the blood cells from free radicals. Then you get more of vitamin K, from the whole wheat, more so than you do in your other foods. This is a fat soluble vitamin that promotes blood clotting and good bone health.
If you like this, please vote and comment. I love comments.