All chocolate lovers (vegan and non-vegan alike) will love the no bake chocolate truffles. Yes, sometimes we just crave chocolate! These truffles are completely vegan, although high in calories, so watch those portions. Sometimes a little chocolate goes a long way!
- 1-12 oz bag vegan chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cup graham crackers
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- Your choice of nuts for topping (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble graham crackers well.
- Add confectioners sugar and peanut butter to graham crackers.
- Melt margarine in a small bowl in microwave oven. Pour margarine over mixture.
- Mix ingredients well.
- Scoop mixture with a tablespoon and roll into balls.
- Melt chocolate chips in medium size bowl in microwave.
- Roll balls in melted chocolate.
- Place balls on wax paper or porcelain plate.
- Cover balls with another sheet of wax paper and place in refrigerator to cool.
- Add almonds, walnuts or pecans during step 2.
- After allowing chocolate to cool, roll in confectioners sugar or coconut.
- Consider dark chocolate and be sure to watch for vegan chocolate. Most milk chocolate is processed with cow's milk.
You will be the kids favorite aunt/uncle, grandparent or neighbor with these no bake truffles. The chocolate truffles are perfect for a dessert buffet party or anytime. If you are watching your waistline, be sure to watch portion control. A little chocolate sometimes goes a long way! Enjoy!
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.