Spinach dip is a favorite naughty pleasure of mine, but let's face it- spinach dip does not a health food make! Alas, I have reduced the guilt slightly with this naughty and nice vegan version. :)
The dip is Naughty because of the mock mayo and sour cream involved. The dip is made Nice by the the whole package of frozen spinach and shhh... I sneak in a handful of fresh spinach too! It's Mega Spinach dip and it tastes just as divine and decadent without the dairy.
Knowing that extra fiber, protein, vitamin and mineral content is hidden inside the naughtiness will make you feel like a snacking saint. Feel free to dip and dip again!
Naughty & Nice Vegan Spinach Dip
- 1 package organic Frozen Spinach
- 1/2 cup Fresh Spinach, finely chopped
- 1 cup Veganaise (or other Vegan Mayo)
- 1 cup Vegan Sour Cream Substitute
- 1 package Vegan Vegetable Soup Mix (similar to Knorr)
- 1 small can Water Chestnuts (chopping is optional)
- 1/2 medium Sweet or Yellow Onion
- Sea Salt and Pepper, as desired
Begin by thawing frozen spinach and draining well. In a small pan, saute onion until translucent, let cool before adding to dip.
Finely chop or chiffonade the fresh spinach. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and chill in fridge while you prep dippers.
Serve with sliced baguette, crackers, tortilla chips, fruit or veggies. Enjoy!
Thank you for voting for BuddhasDelight! Happy dipping! ;)
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.