Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
This is the time of year when people are enjoying their own gardens or visiting the fruit and vegetable stands and enjoying some vegetable recipes. I cut these in slices if for use on the grill or cut up fine for a tasty marinated salad.
- 2 Carrots cut in two inch quartered strips
- 2 Celery stalks
- 2 Cauliflower florets, cut head in four and then slice two of these.
- 2-4 Red and green peppers cut in rings
- 2 average size Tomatoes cut in slices
- 1 average white onion(optional)cut in thin ring slices
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar(2 leaf is fine)
- 2 tbsp. lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed 1/2 tsp. dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. chopped dried rosemary
- Dash of sugar, salt and pepper
1. Mix marinate ingredients together in a plastic bag or big bowl.
2. Add vegetables and toss or shake bag several times.
3. Refrigerate a couple of hours. More if used for salad.
*(Grilling) You can brush extra marinade on the vegetables as they cook for a stronger flavor. Put aluminum foil on grill and place vegetables on it. I put the cauliflower and carrots on first and then after a few minutes add the other vegetables. Grill until tender.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.