It’s Halloween and that means pumpkins are featured everywhere! But did you ever think you could use them in your beauty routine? It’s an organic treat your body will love: the pumpkin body scrub. Treat yourself!
Pumpkin is very good for your skin, and you don’t just reap the benefits by eating it. When used in beauty products, pumpkin helps alleviate dry skin and makes it softer because it’s a great source of Vitamin A. It also has Vitamin C, which can heal damage caused by free radicals in the body. So, by using skincare products that contain pumpkin, you help these nutrients get absorbed by your skin.
To make your delicious pumpkin body scrub, you’ll need some of the following so add them to your Halloween grocery shopping list:
- 1. A pinch of the following: ground ginger, ground allspice, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves.
- 2. Half a cup of pumpkin purée (you can use the canned variety).
- 3. One cup of brown sugar.
- 4. Half a cup of olive oil.
- 1. Take all the ingredients and mix them together so that the blend is smooth.
- 2. Gently apply it to your clean skin and massage it over your body so that it will boost circulation and exfoliate dead skin cells.
- 3. Pay special attention to any areas of your body where you have lots of dry skin, such as your heels, elbows and knees.
- 4. After a few minutes of scrubbing, wash the mixture off with some warm water.
- 5. Apply some of your favourite body lotion so that you seal in moisture. Remember the olive oil will already have got to work, smoothing your skin and keeping it hydrated.
There you go! Smoother and more nourished skin with the use of simple ingredients. This is definitely a scrub you’ll want to use all year round.
*Image courtesy Flickr Creative Commons