- 3/4 cup dried cranberry beans
- 2 Cups Arborio Rice
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1tsp cup salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 3/4 cup sundried tomotoes (in oil), drained and chopped.
- 1/4 cup flat-leafy parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil for finishing salad
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sort beans and soak over night in bowl using 3 times as much water as beans.
- The next morning, rince beans with cold water.
- Put beans in sauce pan, cover with 2 inches of water and bring to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until tender. (35-45).
- Wash rice throughly.
- In a pot place 2 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat; add onion and cook, stirring
- frequently, until soft.
- Add rice and stir, until the grains become opague (3 minutes).
- Add three cups of water and salt and stir gently until liquid comes to a boil.
- Cover tightly, lower heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn rice out into large bowl to help it cool, gently
- breaking any lumps.
- Add lemon juice and toss ligthly to mix.
- Add Capers, Tomatoes, parsley and beans, 1/4 cup of
- Olive oil and pepper and gently toss.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.