I scream, you scream, we all scream... for sorbet!? Yes! Sorbet is the new ice cream, cool-creamy-sweet, refreshing and fit for life! Nothing fatty or artificial here.
Not to mention the delicious delight that is instant gratification! Simply whirl these fabby whole food ingredients in a blender and dessert is done!
This recipe is guilt-free; give yourself permission to eat dessert first!
Instant Banana-Cherry-Berry Sorbet
- 1/4 cup fresh-frozen Raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh-frozen Cherries, pitted
- 1 cup frozen Banana Bits
- 3/4 cup fresh Apple Juice
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Agave Syrup, if desired
- Use local, organic ingredients when available. Juice fresh apples in juicer to yield 3/4 cup. Buy all fruit fresh (not pre-bagged) and avoid plastic containers if possible.
- Freeze the fruit completely before beginning recipe.
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender or food processor until smooth, except the banana bits. Add the banana last, a few bits at a time until the mixture reaches desired thickness.
- Garnish with fresh berries and mint leaves if you like, or you can make a Banana-Cherry-Berry Sorbet Split! A decadent addition would be fresh grated or shaved dark chocolate over the top. Yum.
- Serve immediately, and share with someone you love.
Thank you for supporting BuddhasDelight! If you are a fan of the instant gratification that is this recipe, please vote! A berry nice day to you!
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.