This recipe contains regular lentils but we will prepare it with the Indian spice curry. I recommend it not only to vegans and vegetarians who like curry but to all those wanting to make a culinary excursion inside their own kitchen, looking to adopt a healthier lifestyle or those that are already following a health-conscious philosophy and want to try something new.
Curry is in fact a very healthy spice.
· It eases swellings in joints and especially those suffering from arthritis or inflamed joints are most likely to feel relief from the pain.
· The risk of developing Alzheimer 's disease and dementia are lowered through the consumption of curry. Through the ingestion of curcumin, which is an ingredient in curry, plaques in the brain that cause the degradation of memory are inhibited.
· Curry may lower the risk of developing cancer. It can destroy cancer cells in the esophagus, the prostate, the breast, the skin and the colorectal, plausibly due to its antioxidants.
· It contributes to the strengthening of your immune system as curry is rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Vitamin B6.
· It may help to ease digesting problems thanks to ingredients such as asafetida, allspice, anise, cardamom and black pepper.
· Curry helps in the fat-burning process. Black pepper for instance has great abilities to disintegrate fat cells.
· Mild asthma symptoms can be regulated thanks to the ingredients asafetida and curcumin.
· Curry leads to a healthier appearance of the skin, the hair and the nails as it provides essential proteins and its antioxidants are effective against pollutants that mutilate cells. In India, women even believe that curry helps fight against the aging process which is why they don't only consume it as a food but also rub it into their skin.
Keep in mind that you are most likely to benefit from these effects if you eat curry on a regular basis.
So now that we have learned about the multiple health benefits of curry, why not learn how to prepare a tasty vegan dish that contains the miraculous Indian spice?
For people from some regions it may sound like an exotic dish, but I think it is interesting to try new food. You might be surprised at the result. For vegans, vegetarians and all those health-conscious people out there, it is time to try this foreign food. You won't regret it.
100 ml of rice milk
150 grams of canned peas
150 grams of cooked rice
150 grams of cooked lentils
300 grams of cauliflower
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of the spice curry.
Half chopped cucumber
First cook the cauliflower by boiling it for 5 more minutes. Then fry the cauliflower in a pan at low temperature for a couple of minutes. Next, add the rice, the lentils, the peas, the curry and the salt and pepper. Stir at medium temperature until the curry has spread evenly.
Then turn off the heat and add the cucumber and the rice milk. Sprinkle the grated coconut into the dish and voilà, your meal is ready.
I hope you got excited about trying it. Enjoy it and let me know how it worked out for you.