Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Nutella is a delicious hazelnut spread that vegetarians miss out on because it is made from non-vegetarian rennet made from the stomachs of calves. But you don’t have to miss out on the sinfully delicious taste of Nutella. You can make your own Vegan Nutella quickly and easily.
Making a vegan-friendly batch of Nutella at home is simple and you will find yourself addicted to its creamy deliciousness.
- 2 cups of raw hazelnuts
- 1 ½ teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons agave
- ¼ teaspoon plus 1/8 of salt
- ½ cup almond or soy milk
- 3 tablespoons of oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 420ºF
- Begin by scattering your hazelnuts out on a baking sheet. Roast for 14 minutes. Make sure to let the hazelnuts cool completely. After the hazelnuts have cooled rub them with a dry paper towel to remove the skins.
- Put the hazelnuts in a food processor. Process the hazelnuts until you have a butter-like texture.
- Now add the rest of the ingredients into your food processor. Blend for 3 to 3 minutes. You will need to stop the food processor a couple of times to scrape down the sides. Make sure that everything is incorporated into the mixture.
- Use your delicious vegan version of Nutella right away or keep it stored in an airtight container.
One delicious way to use your vegan version of Nutella is to make a quick, easy and heavenly mug cake. With two simple ingredients and 90 seconds in the microwave, you can have a cup full of unforgettable chocolate goodness.
Simply follow this simple recipe for the mug cake:
- Put a quarter cup of your vegan Nutella into a mug
- Crack large egg or egg equivelant into the mug
- Stir until completely blended
- Put mug into the microwave for 90 seconds
- Let cool and top with confectionary sugar or dairy free cool whip. Enjoy!