Prep Time: 5 mins.
You may find it hard to believe that such a simple and quick recipe can result in such a delicious, creamy, indulgent treat- but just wait until you try it. This recipe is the real deal. (Unlike some vegan “desserts” I’ve tried in the past). It has no strange ingredients and of course, no eggs or dairy.
I was curious to see what regular chocolate peanut butter ice cream contains and found that the Baskin Robbins version has about 20 ingredients- staring with cream; and half of them I can’t even pronounce. Google it! Try Ben & Jerry’s or Breyer’s; more or less the same.
So Yeah! I’m feeling pretty good about using only four ingredients. And four ingredients that I usually have at home.
I was surprised it came out so well. So good that it was our Thanksgiving dessert. It’s rich, chocolaty and creamy, and there is no ice cream maker required.
Ice cream is always good, even when it’s cold, right? Give it a try. I’m serious, it’s so easy to make. I stay away from complicated recipes that list so many ingredients and take the longest time to make. This one’s quick and easy.
• 1 -16 oz. jar of organic crunchy peanut butter
• 2 ½ cups of organic soy/coconut/almond milk
• ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 7 packets stevia extract
• Add-ins: chopped macadamias, pecans or almonds, chocolate chips, strawberries, etc.
1. Blend all ingredients in a food processor for five minutes, until you get a creamy, soft-serve ice cream texture.
2. Transfer to an airtight, freezer safe shallow plastic container and freeze.
3. Allow it to thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving.
* Coconut milk makes it creamier, but I’ve made it with soy and almond milk and it ALWAYS comes out great.
*I’ve made it without cocoa powder once, when I ran out- so I added 2 tablespoons of vanilla, and it was pretty good too.