Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
The holiday season always brings out the best in me, especially when it comes time for planning the meals or special treats for the grandchildren. I dig through my recipe boxes and find all my holiday favorite foods. This summer at our local produce store they ran a special on blueberries. I couldn’t resist to stock up on fresh blueberries for canning, freezing, and making a blueberry cheesecake this summer. Now that Thanksgiving is near I have decided for breakfast to make my grandchildren, my famous banana blueberry muffins.
The wonderful thing about this recipe is you’re not limited to blueberries. I have made this recipe with cranberries, raspberries, apples, apricots, peaches, and even pumpkin. The muffins stay fresh for 4 days or you can freeze them and they stay fresh for a month. Also, if you are looking for a great banana nut recipe add extra bananas to replace the blueberries and some walnuts and you have a delicious banana nut muffin.
- 3 Cups packed bananas, creamed
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 2 Cups vegetable oil
- 5 ½ Tablespoons baking powder
- 3 ½ Cups vegan, raw sugar
- 3 Cups soy milk or hemp milk
- 8 Cups flour or gluten free flour
- 3 Cups fresh or frozen blueberries or any fruit
- 36 Paper cupcake liners
- Use a 5 quart mixing bowl; add bananas, salt, and oil.
- With mixer set on low speed mix ingredients in mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add vegan sugar and baking powder; continue to mix on low speed.
- Add soy or hemp milk and flour, add flour slowly.
- When adding the flour use a spatula and scrape the sides of the bowl while you are mixing the flour into the other ingredients.
- Turn off your mixer and add your blueberries.
- With your spatula, fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Line 36 – count muffin pan with paper.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan ¾-full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Test the center of your muffins with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are cooked.
The hot muffins are so good on Christmas morning. I wake up early on Christmas and make a batch of fresh banana blueberry muffins for my family. Enjoy some hot banana blueberry muffins this holiday season!