Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 13-15 minutes
I was craving Sesame Snaps today, but they are pretty much all sugar, along with sesame seeds of course. Here are the ingredients of certain brands: Sesame seeds, glucose syrup, sugar.
Yeah...not so great. I decided to make something similar. They are made up of a little more than sesame seeds, but there is no syrup or sugar. Took the edge off my craving. Next think I think I'll add more cinnamon and ginger and more sesame seeds. :]
They turned out crunchy but not too hard. Baking time with differ depending on how thick you make your crackers. Mine took about 14-14 1/2 minutes.
- 1/4 cup of buckwheat flour
- 4 tsp tahini
- 2 packets of truvia/xylitol/stevia (6g)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbs unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, then add in the tahini and almond milk. It should all hold together in a ball but not too that sticky. (I was able to roll out the dough without anything sticking to my rolling pin.) Form a ball with the dough and roll out quite thin. I cut off the uneven edges and cut the dough into small squares/rectangles. Then I took the cut off pieces, rolled in a ball and rolled it out and cut it again until I had used up all the dough.
- Get out a baking sheet and place a piece of parchment on top. Add the cut dough on top and bake for 13-15 minutes. Check at about the 10 minute mark. If you cut them really thin, they will burn quicker, so keep that in mind. They also harden slightly when they are cooling. If they are not crunchy after cooling, bake them for a couple more minutes.
- Wait for them to cool fully before placing them in a container. They are lightly sweet and crunchy and delicious!
About 4 servings at approximately 75 calories per serving. My batch made about 20-25 crackers.