Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
We all know that vegan recipes can be both healthy as well delicious. All one needs to do is experiment, play with the flavors and textures to be able to create some amazing vegan dishes. This dish aims to tantalize your taste buds and is absolutely healthy as well. so lets get started with this delicious healthy recipe.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut it into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 grams quinoa
- 2 onions cut into thin wedges
- 4 tablespoon Soy or rice yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Lemon zest
- Ten sliced dried apricots
- Few toasted almonds
- Few shelled pistachios
- A handful of chopped mint leaves
Method to prepare :
- STEP 1:This dish would require an oven, which needs to be preheated to 220C fan/gas 7.
- STEP 1:Take a shallow roasting pan; add the cut butternut squash, onions wedges and 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- STEP 2:Add the seasoning and let the squash roast for approximately 30 minutes.
- STEP 3:Ensure to shake the mixture in the pan after every 10 minutes until the contents are tender.
- STEP 4:Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the pack, since the instructions differ from each kind, depending on the company.
- STEP 5:After it is cooked, run the quinoa under cold water and drain it thoroughly.
- STEP 6:Stir together the soy or rice yogurt, tahini, most of the lime juice and seasoning for the sauce.
- STEP 7:Then take a large bowl to mix the quinoa with nuts, dried apricots, mint leaves and add a pinch of salt.
- STEP 8:Add the remaining lemon juice, olive oil and mix well.
- STEP 9:Lastly add the squash-onion mix and serve with the soy or rice yogurt sauce as a final touch. And garnish the recipe with mint leaves.
Hope you enjoy this recipe healthy and hearty meal!
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr.