Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
I was making some relatively plain baked oatmeal (mostly because I was out of a lot of ingredients :P) and it usually needs to bake for around 25 minutes, so as I was groggily waiting for my coffee to finish brewing and my oatmeal to finish baking, I decided to try to use up the last few macadamia nuts I have had in my cupboard. I wanted to add some fruit to my breakfast, and I had some frozen wild blueberries, so I thought I'd liven up my plain oatmeal with a creamy blueberry spread. So, it was time to blend it up and annoy the neighbors...
I keep my blender out where I can see it. The only time I really put it away is if I need to clean the counters, but I find that if I keep it in a cupboard, I won't use it nearly as much. Same goes for my "health/life/fitness goals" notebook. It has been tucked away for weeks and surprise, surprise... I forgot about it until this morning, so now I am keeping it on my desk where I work. Seemingly small adjustments that reap large benefits.
I am going to make a couple of different spreads for next week's oatmeal adventures and keep them in the fridge so I don't have to make them each morning. I am think of doing a chocolate hazelnut spread (I have never done this before, but it seems so delicious) and some kind of fruit spread.
- Small handful of fresh or frozen blueberries (replace with strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, mango...)
- Small handful of raw Cashews or Macadamia Nuts
- 1 tsp Sweetener (optional)
- 1/2 tbs almond milk, if needed
This recipe is for 1-2 servings.
- All you do is throw all the ingredients into a blender and blender until smooth! I left mine a bit chunky because I was eager to taste it.
Blender & Crock Pot Inspiration