Prep Time: 30min
Cook Time: 30min
I have a toddler in my house and he sure loves to eat a lot of candy during Halloween and holiday season. During Halloween time, treats and goodies are abundantly available to kids. Instead of letting children gorge those candies, mommies can lay out some healthier options for kids.
Check out below for four delicious and healthy treats that every toddler would love:
• Ghost Toasts: You just need two pieces of bread, little vegan cream cheese and some raisins. First, toast your bread and let it cool. Once it has cooled down, use a ghost cookie cutter to cut out some ghost spaces from the bread slices. Then, spread a layer of vegan cream cheese on one side. Use raisins or olives to mark eyes and mouth of the ghost. This is my favorite replacement snack.
• Elf or Goblin Grins: This recipe is sure to look spooky after you finish it. You need almond slivers, little Tofutti, one small red bell pepper and some snap peas. Cut the bell pepper into tongue shaped pieces and apply some Tofutti to the top edge. Then, slice a thin strip at the bottom of a snap pea and insert the tongue pieces into the slit. Finally, insert some almond slivers for fangs.
• Carrot Finger Treat: This is the simplest healthy snack for kids. Just put the hummus dip into a black bowl and embellish the plate with baby carrots and crackers. Kids will finish this off in minutes.
• Apple and Peanut Butter Monster Mouths: Slice the apples into quarters. Spread either jam or peanut butter (yes, it is vegan) for the tongue and then add some slivered almonds for the teeth. If your kids are allergic to peanut butter, then you could use sunflower or pumpkin seed spread. These set of snacks are easy and quick recipes for any mom. For me, these are life savers. Try it and give healthy alternatives to toddlers for the upcoming Halloween.
* Image courtesy of Flickr Creative Commons.