Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
What a heartwarming favorite! A mixture of two great North-American favorites: apple and peach pie! How delicious is that? To make this incredible delight, you do not even need much time, or patience, or practice. It’s easy, and making it vegan makes it that much better! So, go ahead and whip up some classic goodness. Let's get started.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of canola or sunflower seed oil
- 1/3 cup of cold water
- 3 apples, chopped
- 3 peaches, chopped
- ¾ cup of dried cranberries
- ¾ cup of nuts, (any kind-- pecan recommended), sliced or chopped
- ½ vegan cream (soy, millet, etc)
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vegan margarine (such as Earth Balance), or coconut oil
Topping: (optional – but it adds a delicious crunch!)
- Some granola or muesli ,mixed with
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of vegan margarine or coconut oil
- Mix the flour and the salt together.
- In another bowl, mic the oil and the water and stir vigorously until both liquids are fused well together.
- Add the liquid to the dry mix and stir well.
- Then, place the crust in the bottom of the aluminum plate and make a pretty edge with a fork.
- Caramelize the margarine and the brown sugar in a saucepan, and add the apples and peaches.
- Cook for approximately four or five minutes, stirring the whole time.
- Remove from heat and add the vegan cream and the nuts.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add the filling in the crust. If it is too liquid, use a cooking spoon with holes in it to pour the fruits in the crust.
- If you are adding a crumble mixture, add it now over the top.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes at 350 degrees. However, watch the pie carefully because, You may need to adjust cooking times 10 minutes either way, depending on your oven.
Photo credit: flickr.com