This oatmeal cookie recipe is healthy and tasty. Children as well as adults will love these yummy cookies. The recipe is perfect for packing in a school lunch, sending for a school party, Christmas cookie swap, or whatever other event that might call for cookies.
- 3 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 cup flour plus 1/2 tsp baking soda or 1 cup of self-rising flour
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Prepare a baking sheet with a vegetable based cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees farhenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, use hands to mix 3/4 cup margarine, 1/3 cup white sugar and 3/4 cup of brown sugar until well mixed.
- Add 1/2 cup of soy milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring to the mixture. Continue to use hands to mix well or can use a fork at this point.
- Add 1 cup of flour plus 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder, 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves, 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg and a 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the mixture and combine well.
- Add 3 cups of quick cooking oatmeal, 3/4 cup o dried cranberries and 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts and combine well.
- Drop tablespoon size balls onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool and take up on platter for serving.
Some of you have asked where I obtain my pictures. I type in "royalty free images of" and a brief description of the item in the search bar of a search engine such as Google. Then click on images at the top of the page. Select a photo, save the picture to a file and then download to The Flaming Vegan browser. I try to acknowledge the site that the image came from at the bottom of the article.
Photo courtesy Flickr creative commons.