- Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies - I would switch out the brown sugar with a healthier sweetener
- Spiced Ginger Macaroons & Candy Cane Macaroons - If you aren't a huge coconut fan, these might not be for you, but try them out if you have friends/family who like them.
- Raw Christmas Cookies - These use Raw Pistachios and Coconut flakes
- Pumpkin Roll with Cashew Cream Filling - a little high on the sugar, but so darn good. I should try this with xylitol.
- Grain-Free Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Eggnog Pudding in Raw Ginger Cups - Okay, I haven't tried these, but they look so cute and delicious
As I was researching new holiday treat ideas, I noticed that so many vegan holiday recipes were still loaded with sugar, vegan butter, shortening, white flour...etc. As we know, vegan doesn't automatically mean healthier.
Are there any vegan holiday-type recipes that you make every year? This year I'm making almond cookies (the recipe is here on the Flaming Vegan), raw chocolate truffles and...I'm still deciding on what entrees I'll be making my folks this year. Some of the recipes you guys have been posting look so so good, so they have definitely given me ideas!
One more thing: Has anyone tried the Silk Dairy-Free Eggnog? I just heard about it today. I think other brands make some too, but I haven't tried any. If you have, what do you think of it? I think I've only had actually Eggnog once in my life, but I'm curious to try the dairy-free kind.