Prep Time: 5 minutes
My new favourite pancake to make a bunch of and freeze so I am not caught out without a healthy breakfast! I have been eating 2 with either a banana, chopped plum, sliced strawberries or a pile of blueberries. I also either spread a small amount of Earth Balance, no sugar added strawberry jam or a bit of Tofutti cream cheese. Ahhh, so good. :)
- 1/2 cup chickpea / besan flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal (finely-milled)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medium banana
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- squeeze of lemon (around 1 tbs)
- optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Heat up a non-stick skillet to medium-high heat with a small amount of coconut oil.
- Blend all ingredients together, except for the poppy seeds - you can just stir those in.
- Once your skillet is heated, get out a 1/4 measuring cup and use it to make your pancakes. Cook for a few minutes, until the edges start to turn toasty brown and bubbles form. Carefully flip over and cook for another minute. Transfer to a cooling rack if you are planning to freeze them and not eat them right away. Allow to fully cool before placing in an air-tight container and into the freezer. Remove however many you'd like the night before and place in the fridge. Pop them in the oven at 350F for about 8-10 minutes or whatever re-heating method you prefer.