The Flaming Vegan site is for the v-curious, novice vegan, as well as the established vegan. Many v-curious and novice vegans may ask the question, "What can I eat in a typical day on a vegan menu?" The established vegan may be interested in some new food ideas.
- Smoothies made from yogurt, choice of fruit and perhaps almonds or choice of other nut.
- Breakfast casserole using your favorite recipe, but substitute vegan cheese and vegan sausage.
- Blueberry and banana pancakes using whole-wheat flour and rice or almond milk.
- Bran muffins made by substituting with almond milk and consider adding nuts.
On-the-Go Lunch Ideas
- Place washed, peeled, and cut up raw vegetables in a sealable container with a vegan dip.
- Consider packing nutritious fortified cereal in a cup shaped sealable container and placing rice or almond milk in an insulated thermos.
- Substitute pita pockets for standard loaf bread for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- Fruit and nut muffins are a great addition for an on-the go lunch.
- Place dried beans in a crockpot with water, your favorite seasoning and allow to cook all day.
- Substitute tempeh for hamburger meat in a sloppy joe. It is similar to a chicken nugget in consistency and has a nutty flavor.
- Whole-wheat pasta with peanut sauce is a great dinner idea.
- Red beans and rice with Cajun seasonings is quick and easy.
Please feel free to leave your suggestions below.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.