Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Santa Claus is coming to town soon and despite his jelly belly he’d be happy to have a healthy Christmas cookie left on the counter with some almond milk. You can make Santa one jolly old soul with these fabulous, easy to make and beyond delicious Eggnog Dark Chocolate Cookies.
- 3 cups almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- A dash of freshly ground nutmeg
- A dash of salt
- 1/2 cup soy nog or light eggnog
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp rum extract
- 5 ounces of dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Begin by lining a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set the cookie sheet aside for now.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the baking soda, cornstarch, almond meal, brown sugar, nutmeg, and salt. Mix together well.
- After you have finished mixing add the eggnog and the extracts. Mix until completely blended. Fold in the dark chocolate. Cover the bowl and chill the mixture for 30-60 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- While your oven is preheating, use a small sized cookie scoop to drop cookies onto your prepared baking pan.
- Bake the cookies until the tops lightly brown, around 11 to 14 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the sheet.
- Store these delicious cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days.
These delicious cookies make the perfect choice for Santa and to give to neighbors and friends! They are a healthy and delicious cookie that will be loved by anyone that you choose to share then with! Be prepared to share the recipe because I promise people will be asking for it!
Make your baking time a fun family holiday time! These days it seems our lives are so rushed we don’t seem to have real time for the ones we love. Christmas is the perfect time to slow down and make time with our family a priority.
Happy Holidays everyone!