This is a delicious and easy recipe. I made this last night thinking I would have left overs for today, and everyone loved it so much there was nothing left.
- 1/2 cup red or green lentils
- 1/2 cup brown rice or basmati rice (my favorite is brown basmati rice)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (approx. 15oz.) + 1 can of water
- 2 small-medium onions chopped (I use 1 yellow & 1 red)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1-5 tsp. curry (depending how spicy you like it)
- Combine tomatoes, water, onions & spices in a pot and bring to a boil
- Add rice & lentils
- Cover and cook for 20 min.
- After 20 min. remove from stove top and place in oven in covered dish or Pyrex, covered with tin foil and cook for 1 hour.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.