Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Delicious and simple, you’ll love it! Once the veggies are prepped, this dish comes together in just minutes. The vegetables turn out nice and bright and very crisp.
It all started with our usual weekend trip to Trader Joe’s. My husband picked out a bottle of Trader Joe's Sweet Chili Sauce and I started imagining what I’d do with it. We went to Pei Wei about two weeks ago and had some stir fried veggies over sticky rice that were really good, so I decided to try them at home.
It ‘s really quick and easy. You could can also add tofu and roasted cashews or peanuts for protein and vary the vegetables as well: cabbage, broccoli, zucchini, asparagus, etc; Serve over rice or noodles for light and healthy for dinner.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets
- ¾ cup julienned carrot
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1 ½ cups snow peas, ends trimmed
- 8 fresh shiitake mushrooms, slivered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes *optional
- 2 cups hot cooked sticky rice
1. Make 2 cups of sticky rice as instructed on package and keep hot.
2. Heat wok over medium heat and add the oil, increase to medium-high heat.
3. Add the minced garlic and chili flakes, stir-fry for 1 minute.
4. Add all the veggies and ginger; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until tender crisp.
5. Add soy and chili sauce and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
6. Serve over sticky rice.