Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Are you in Cali, Florida, or somewhere else with lots of fresh lemons? Do you just enjoy the distinct taste and health benefits of lemons? Here is a quick yummy treat to add to your repertoire! I’m always trying new recipes, and I had a lot of lemons in my kitchen. My friend has a massive lemon tree in her front yard, so I decided to help her consume them vegan style! Several bags full of lemons were gleaned from her tree, and more lemon recipes are on the way.
This light and tasty treat does not require a lot of ingredients. They are super quick and easy to make. I’ve been giving small batches of these cookies away, and they’ve been a big hit.
o 3/4 cup olive oil
o 1/2 cup sugar for dough
o 2 1/4 cups flour
o 1/2 cup sugar for coating
o fresh juice squeezed from 2 medium-sized lemons
o 1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Stir olive oil and dough sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. Mix in the flour, lemon juice, and almonds. Stir until it is a crumb-like texture.
4. On a clean surface, knead and work the crumbs into dough.
5. Use the flat edges of your surface or a shaper to form the dough into a rectangular prism.
6. Add coating sugar to wax paper and carefully roll the dough until it is covered. When the dough is sugar-coated, cover it with a wrap. Let it firm for around 20-35 minutes in the fridge or freezer.
7. Carefully slice your dough into little squares (about an inch thick). Place squares on a cookie sheet.
8. Bake cookies for 20-25 minutes or until they turn a light gold.
I personally enjoy eating one or two of these with a cup of green tea. Try them out and let me know how you like them!