Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Paratha is a famous stuffed bread in India. It is prepared from wheat flour and it is usually stuffed with different fillings. In India, paratha is prepared using various different ingredients, which creates varieties of parathas such as dal, methi, mint, and kerala. For this recipe, I am going to share one of my favorite parathas, which contains a delicious potato filling. This recipe is extremely simple to prepare.
FOR THE DOUGH:
- 2-3 cups wheat flour
- ½ cup of water
- Salt to taste
FOR THE FILLING:
- 4 boiled potatoes
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- Salt to taste
- To prepare the dough, in a bowl, add the flour, oil and water. Knead the mixture into a dough. Make sure that the dough is not too hard.
- To prepare the filling, in a separate bowl, mash your boiled potatoes to a uniform consistency.
- Add some salt, chili powder, cumin powder, and grated ginger to the dough and mix it evenly.
- Now we will start preparing the paratha. Take the dough and make 2 inch balls and set them aside.
- You take the balls and roll them out into circles of around 5 inches in diameter each.
- Now take about two tablespoons of the stuffing and place in the center of the circle. Wrap the circle and seal the stuffing inside the flour. Make sure the stuffing doesn’t seep out.
- Now that you've stuffed your dough, gently role the stuffed ball into a circle of around 8 inches in diameter.
- Heat some oil in pan. Cook until golden brown on each side.
- Serve the paratha piping hot with your favorite chutney or ketchup.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr.