Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Some folks are intimidated by the seemingly daunting task of preparing lasagna. But this super impressive vegan version is basically just made by preparing various layers of vegetables, cheese, and lasagna noodles. This version is healthier and more wholesome than it's conventional lasagna counterparts. It definitely takes time and effort to prepare, but in the end, it’s so worth it. Here’s the list of ingredients that you will need.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger and garlic
- 1 tablespoon black pepper powder
- ½ cup diced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoon chili flakes
- 2 cups lasagna noodles
- ½ cup tomato puree
- 2 finely onions chopped
- 1 cup vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded vegan ricotta cheese
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- Step 1: Heat some olive oil in a pan and add the chopped onions, minced ginger, minced garlic, chopped spinach, and diced mushrooms to the pan. Let the mixture cook for 5 minutes. Make sure you keep stirring the vegetables till they are properly mixed.
- Step 2: Now add the tomato puree to the mixture and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Step 3: Next, add the salt, red chili flakes, and black pepper powder to the mixture and stir well.
- Step 4: Add the finely chopped basil leaves and the finely chopped parsley leaves to the mixture. Make sure that the mixture is cooked properly.
- Step 5: Now cook your lasagna needles according to package instructions.
- Step 6: Check if the noodles are cooked properly and soft enough. Once the lasagna noodles are ready, drain the water and keep the noodles aside to cool down for 5 minutes.
- STEP 7: Pre-heat the oven to 400 degree Celsius. Take any casserole dish and layer some tomato puree on the bottom. Now add the layer of lasagna noodles. Then add another layer of the mixture on top of the noodles. Add the grated vegan mozzarella cheese and ricotta cheese on the layer. Repeat the same style and prepare 2-3 layers.
- Step 8: Cover the lasagna pan with foil and bake for at least 45 minutes.
Remove and slice the lasagna into pieces after cooling for 10-15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr.