Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Well, if you’re into baking and looking for the perfect recipe for your breakfast or brunch, then I have a simple but amazing recipe to share. Today, I am going to share my favourite recipe of vegan blueberry loaf. This is not the typical vegan loaf, because I’ve added a little twist to make it simple, easy, and tasty. So here is the list of ingredients required to prepare the vegan blueberry loaf.
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ cup of vegan yogurt
- ½ cup of vegan almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice and a pinch of lemon zest
- ½ cup of fresh blueberries
- Salt to taste
- Step 1: First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Step 2: Let’s take the dry ingredients first, take a bowl and add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and powdered sugar and mix them well. Once the mixture is ready, keep it aside.
- Step 3: Now we can take the wet ingredients, add the almond milk, vanilla extract, yogurt and lemon juice to a bowl and mix them well. Then add them to the dry ingredients and mix well until you get a smooth batter.
- Step 4: Next, add the blueberries to the batter and mix them well so that the blueberries don’t settle on one particular side.
- Step 5: Prepare your baking pan by covering it with parchment paper.
- Step 6: Pour the batter into the pan and let it settle for 2 minutes. Place some blueberries on the top of the batter as well.
- Step 7: Bake the batter for at least 50-60 minutes. Check in between if the batter is baked properly. Once it is cooked properly, remove it from the oven and let it cool down.
Once the loaf has cooled down, remove it from the baking tray and cut it into slices. You can serve it with tea or coffee. The bread can be stored in an air-tight container for at least 2-3 days. I like it simple, so I haven’t made any icing, but you can use icing or even garnish it with whipped cream. Hope you liked the recipe.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr’s Creative Commons.