Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
I’m really not an expert when it comes to vegan baking but I really love to bake. This time I am sharing the recipe of vegan banana bread. I’ve tried and made this recipe hundreds of times and trust me every time I make this recipe I feel like making it again and again. This vegan bread has just the perfect amount of moistness along with a delicious taste. So all you need is a bowl, a few basic ingredients and an oven to start baking. So let’s start with the list of ingredients.
- 4 or 5 overripe bananas
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons of vegan brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- A pinch of salt
- Step 1: Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Step 2: Grease your baking tray with some of the vegetable oil.
- Step 3: Now, take a bowl and add the bananas. Take a spoon and mash the bananas. You can then add the brown sugar and blend the mixture with a blender. You should get a smooth thick paste.
- Step 4: Add the cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, and vanilla extract. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Step 5: Now, you can add in the wheat flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda to the mixture. This needs to be done properly so that all the ingredients mix well.
- Step 6: Next, pour the batter in a baking tray and bake it for 50-60 minutes. Once the colour changes to golden brown remove it and check if the bread is baked properly.
Once the banana bread is baked properly you can remove it from the baking tray and slice it accordingly. Serve it with tea or coffee. You can store the banana bread in an air tight container. Hope you like the recipe. Do try the recipe and let me know how it turns out. Happy Baking!
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr’s Creative Commons.