When the weather gets cold, the only meal I can think of makig is SOUP of course! ...and lot's of it. My specialty, lentil soup, it's simple and always comes out delicious. Recently I have moved on over from using green lentils to making stews with RED LENTILS. Some yogi's may say that red lentils are better for the Ayurvedic type 'Vatta', I simply enjoy the new flavors, but the Vatta benefits never hurt either.
So here I am, happy to share this wonderful, warm recipe with you! But first, the ingredients...
- 1lb uncooked red lentils
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1.5 cup frozen corn
- salt and pepper
- paparika and curry powder
- 2 vegan bouillon blocks
Why eat LENTILS??! I'll tell you why: BECAUSE THEY ARE PACKED WITH FIBER, FOLATE, MAGNESIUM, IRON, MOLYBDENUM AND PROTEIN.
Cooking Method! This recipe serves 4+ people (i only cook for two, so I get A LOT of left overs)
- Rinse lentils thoroughly
- Place in a large pot and fill with water; water should sit 1 inch above the lentils
- Bring water to a boil
- Add veggies and bouillon blocks
- Make sure bouillon dissolves completely
- Season with salt, pepper, paprika and curry powder
- Let it cook on low-med heat until veggies are tender.
- Serve with a slice of toast!