Love is in the air! When serving your loved ones something delicious and fruity to drink, why not try this bubbly 'love potion'? It’s a creative way to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year.
The bonus is that the drink is completely free of alcohol so it’s safe for the kids, too. It’s also fun to make with the kids on the day because it looks like something straight out of a science lab.
Here is how to make it:
What you will need
- 1 can pink lemonade
- 4 cups raspberry sherbet
- 1 can of Sprite
- Baking soda (optional)
- Stylish glasses
- In a jug, mix together the lemonade with some water. Aim for enough to give you the amounts you need.
- Blend together the sherbet with the lemon-water mixture. Mix it very well.
- Keep this mixture in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it.
- On Valentine’s Day when you are ready to wow your guests, allow the mixture to first reach room temperature (cold juices don’t fizz!), then pour the mixture into your tall glasses.
- Add in the Sprite, making sure to stir it well. Pour the mixture into prettiest glasses.
Bring it to your guests and enjoy!
- If you want an extra fizz in your love potion, baking soda comes to the rescue by making it pop and foam even more. Remember, a little goes a long way!
- Using fruit juices can provide greater foam that tends to last longer, so you might want to switch your pink lemonade for something else, such as grape or cranberry juice. However, this depends on the taste that you want. You don’t want a pretty foaming love potion that doesn’t taste good, so consider that when making this fun drink.
- Add embellishments if you want, such as watermelon or strawberries on the side of the glass.
*Image courtesy Flickr Creative Commons