I know that you are usually expecting a recipe from me. However, I decided to branch out and find a face mask that consists of ingredients I would otherwise maybe put in a dessert! Essentially, I got tired of paying for over priced facial products and in an act of defiance, adapted this vegan friendly facial product. If you do have a little extra money on hand and don't have time to make your own, check out the Dani website. These environmentally aware and mostly vegan beauty products (they use soy as their base) are beautiful and locally made in Bend, Oregon. I happened to live in Bend for three years and fell in love with their products. Their Grapefruit Ginger scent is divine.
Okay, onto pumpkins. Pumpkins are rich in antioxidants like beta-carotine, zinc, vitamins A & C, and natural alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which leave your skin healthy and soft. Pumpkin is cheap and your skin will be so grateful for this seasonal, therapeutic balm!
- 2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin (puréed)
- 1 tablespoon of soy yogurt or ¼ teaspoon of soymilk
Optional additional ingredients:
- ½ teaspoon of brown sugar (helps exfoliate) or
- ¼ teaspoon cranberry juice (helps keeps skin from looking dull) or ½ teaspoon oatmeal (if you’d like a thicker mask; oatmeal is great for dry skin)
- Mix all of your ingredients together and then gently apply to your face (avoiding the eye area).
- Relax or meditate for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water, and then moisturize with your favorite lotion.
Your skin will be glowing.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.