Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
With temperatures soaring, it is so important to drink lots of liquids in order to beat the heat. Do you get tired of the same old lemonade for your summertime thirst? As human beings, we are always searching for new things to try.
Today, I am going to share a recipe with you which will give you a cool refreshing drink for after work, the gym, or simply walking outside.
It is a refreshing drink made of cucumber, which I am sure would have never crossed your mind when thinking about making a drink. This is a recipe for making a mojito out of cucumber which is very easy to make and will leave you in pure bliss. Let’s get started!
- 3 cucumbers (about 4 cups) peeled, chopped and separated from the seeds
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2/3 cup of sugar (you could also use cane crystals instead, ½ tbsp)
- Rum (optional)
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Freeze for 3 to 4 hours until frozen.
- Now it is ready for you to relish and refresh yourself.
Do not forget that cucumber is known as one of the best foods for summer. Since it is 96% water, it perfect to enjoy in any form. Experts believe that cucumber is perfect for people who want to cut their weight. It satisfies and fills you to help you lose weight while keeping you hydrated at the same time. It is also a naturally sweet vegetable which makes it even easier to eat! By enjoying cucumber in the summer, you are sure to nourish your body in a healthy, hydrating and satisfying way.