- 1 container soft (silken) tofu
- 1 container firm or extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 10 ounce packages frozen spinach, thawed and patted dry
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 10-ounce box lasagna noodles
- In a food processor or blender, combine the silken tofu, firm or extra-firm tofu, soy milk, garlic powder, lemon juice, basil, and salt and process until smooth.
- Add the spinach to this mixture.
- Place about a cup of the tomato sauce in the bottom of the crock pot or slow cooker.
- Then place 1/3 of the noodles on top of the sauce, and 1/3 of the tofu and spinach mixture on top of the noodles.
- Repeat these layers, being sure to end with sauce on top.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until noodles are soft.
Makes 6 servings of lasagna.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.