Prep Time: 30 minutes plus cooling time
Cook Time: 15 minutes
If you grow chemical free roses, you can create an amazing, creamy healthy pudding from the lovely petals! Here's how:
Pre-prep: Place 2 15 ounce cans of coconut cream in the refrigerator overnight.
1 cup organic cane sugar
2 3/4 cups water
Clean, dry petals from 20 red or pink roses
1 1/2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
2 1/2 envelopes of vegan gelatin, soften in 1/4 cup of water
1 teaspoon rose water
4 - 6 drops of vegan red food color (optional)
2 cups coconut cream
1/4 cup organic powdered sugar
1. Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add rose petals. Simmer 3 minutes, pressing down on rose petals to be sure they are completely immersed. Remove from heat. Add lemon juice and stir in gelatin until gelatin mixture is completely dissolved.
2. Cover pan and allow to infuse until the mixture reaches room temperature, 1 - 2 hours depending on the outside temperatures.
3. Strain rose syrup through a fine sieve, pressing on rose petals to extract as much rose essence as possible. Add 4 - 6 drops of vegan red food color if you like and stir in rose water.
4. Place mixture in the refrigerator. Check and stir every 20 minutes until the mixture just begins to set.
5. For coconut cream: Remove coconut cream from refrigerator. Open cans and scoop out the solid coconut cream. Reserve any more fluid coconut liquid for another purpose. Place coconut cream in a medium mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup powdered sugar and beat on medium/high speed until coconut cream is whipped.
6. Remove rose syrup from the refrigerator and gradually add to the whipped coconut cream, untii the cream mixture is uniformly pink. Place in the refrigerator for two hours or until set.
7. Garnish with fresh roses.
Serves 10 - 12