Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
French Toast is a famous breakfast dish that is both healthy and easy to make. Today, I am going to share a vegan version of French toast that you and your breakfast/brunch guests are sure to love. It is comparatively easier to make and is perfect when you have guests over. The savory and sweet combination of this recipe will make it an all-time-favorite. Let’s get started.
Ingredients you will require:
- Slices of gluten-free bread
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of yeast flakes
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- Step 1: Simply toast your bread and set it aside.
- Step 2: In a large bowl, add the vegetable oil, sugar, non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract. Mix all these ingredients and let it sit for 10 minutes until the non-dairy milk curdles.
- Step 3: Next, take another bowl and add the yeast flakes, chickpea flour, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and salt to taste. You can also add the non-dairy milk apple cider vinegar mixture at this stage.
- Step 4: Keep mixing the ingredients until it is creamy and smooth.
- Step 5: Pour the smooth mixture into a large bowl.
- Step 6: Preheat your cooking pan and add some vegetable oil. Once it is properly heated, you can start cooking the French toast.
- Step 7: Place one of the slices in the bowl mixture and coat it properly on both sides. Now simply place it over the pan. Cook until golden brown on each side. Repeat this procedure with the rest of the slices of bread.
You can enjoy this French toast with jam or fresh fruit.This recipe is extremely simple to prepare and can be prepared within no time, so go ahead-- indulge.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr.