Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Did you know Falafel is a Lebanese dish? Falafels are essentially deep fried balls, which are often eaten with hummus or pita bread. This recipe can be prepared in just 6 simple and easy-to-follow steps. The ingredients that I am using to prepare this dish are ingredients that are readily available home and/or easy to find at any grocery store. Here we go!
- 4 cups chickpeas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 to 5 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley leaves
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons of minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon of red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Step 1: Boil the chickpeas and mash them well. Set the mashed chickpeas aside in a bowl.
- Step 2: In another bowl, add the finely chopped parsley leaves, finely chopped onions, minced garlic, minced ginger, tahini paste, and lemon juice. Mix ingredients well.
- Step 3: Next, add the mashed chickpeas and the flour to the mixture and combine them well.
- Step 4: Now add the cumin powder, red chili powder, and salt to the mix. Make sure the spices are incorporated thoroughly.
- Step 5: Now that your mixture is ready, you can start making falafel balls. Make balls approximately 2-inches in diameter.
- Step 6: Heat the olive oil in a pan so you can fry them. Once they turn golden brown, remove the balls from the pan.
Serve piping hot with hummus or vegan pita bread. Enjoy!
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr's Creative Commons.