Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Cheesecake has always been one of my favorite desserts. Honestly speaking, the transition from being a non-vegetarian to a vegan was difficult. But with these amazing recipes, I have learned to eat good and healthy vegan food without missing out on much! Today, I am going to share an easy and classic cheesecake recipe that is completely vegan!
- 10 to 12 crackers
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 5 tablespoons of vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon of brown rice syrup
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of non-dairy yoghurt
- 5 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of non-dairy milk
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 3 cups of vegan cream cheese
- Step 1: Take the crackers and break them into small pieces or use a food processor. You can add the cinnamon powder at this stage.
- Step 2: Next, in a saucepan, stir in the vegan butter and brown rice syrup on low heat until combined.
- Step 3: Add the melted mixture to the cracker crumbs and mix it properly.
- Step 4: Compress the crust into your spring form pan and let it set. You can use the back of a spoon or glass to layer it evenly.
- Step 5: Now, preheat your oven to 325 F (163 C).
- Step 6: In a large bowl, mix together the non-dairy yogurt, all-purpose flour, sugar, non-dairy milk, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt. Let the mixture set.
- Step 7: Next, in another bowl, beat the vegan cream cheese until it’s fluffy. Add the yogurt mixture to the bowl, and mix until smooth.
- Step 8: Now add this mixture to the pan.
- Step 9: Bake your cheesecake to perfection for an hour and a half. Let it cool overnight.
Once it has cooled, you can remove your cheesecake from the pan. Top with your favorite fresh fruits or jams for an exciting twist.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr's Creative Commons