Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Would you like to be eating hot fresh vegan donuts in 15 minutes!? These are so good and so simple. Crispy on the outside and fluffy inside, they are hard to resist. You can make these with frosting (like I have) or just sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. You don't need any fancy equipment. I punch the circle shape out using an egg ring and then the inner circle with a little medicine cup. Just look around you, there will be something you can use. If you can't make a donut shape you could just drop flattened balls of dough into the oil. The same taste!
- 1/3 cup vegan spread (I used an olive oil spread)
- 120ml soy milk
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 & 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- sunflower oil to shallow fry.
- 1/2 cup icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1 tablespoon vegan spread
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon soy milk
WHAT DO I DO NOW?
- Melt the butter in a small pan, add the milk and sunflower oil. Remove from heat.
- Mix the dry ingredients and make a well in the centre.
- Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and combine. You should have a soft dough. If the dough is too wet just add some extra flour.
- Flour your hands and roll about a tablespoon of dough into small balls. Either shape with your hands and poke a hole in centre or you can use a donut tin to get the perfect shape.
- Shallow fry in sunflower oil, about a minute each side, drain on paper towel.
- Frost by dipping the cooled donut into the frosting. That is all! Eat and enjoy!
If you're not going to frost these you can dip the hot donut into cinnamon and sugar. I like them best this way. My kids like them with frosting!