With the weather becoming warmer here in Nova Scotia (thank goodness!), my desire to switch from a hot beverage to a more refreshing cold one has increased. The starbucks Frap drinks were 1/2 price for about a week, but they are still pricey and they are really high in calories and sugar. Aside from waiting for the banana to freeze, making your own quick vegan milkshake doesn't take long to put together.
- 1 medium/large frozen banana (I cut into 3rds before freezing to make it easier on my blender)
- 1 cup+ unsweetened almond milk (if your milkshake is too thick, add more milk)
- 1/2 tbs natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1-2 squares of dark chocolate or 1-2 tsp vegan chocolate chips
- optional: 1-3 almond milk icecubes (just fill up yer ice cube tray with almond milk)
- optional: top milkshake with cacao nibs, chocolate shavings, rolled oats, cookie crumbs..
- Just blend everything up together! I add in the chocolate last and just pulse a few times.
I love drinking my milkshakes with a glass straw. :o)