Prep Time: 5 minutes
There's just something so perfect about the combination of chocolate and coconut, and these chocolate & coconut rounds are no exception. This super easy and quick snack is a delicious mix of just four healthy ingredients: raw cacao powder, coconut shreds, rolled oats and sultanas. You can have these healthy snacks ready in just a few minutes too - no baking, no freezing - just blend, shape and eat!
I love using dried fruit to sweeten snacks naturally - you might have seen these apricot coconut balls which I sweetened with dried apricots. I chose to use sultanas in this recipe as they are cheaper than dates, but have a similar flavour. Also, you may use raisins instead of sultanas. The recipe states to use between half to three-quarters of a cup of sultanas/raisins; I use half a cup, but my sweet-tooth husband often asks me to add more sultanas. So if you have a sweet-tooth, use three-quarters of a cup for extra sweet chocolate & coconut rounds.
This chocolate & coconut rounds make a regular feature at my house for a quick and easy dessert (with minimal washing up afterwards, too!). They would also be ideal healthy treats for your children's lunch box - with many schools now having nut-free policies, these nut-free snacks are safe to send to school.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tbs raw cacao powder
- 1/2-3/4 cup sultanas/raisins (to taste - if you have a sweet tooth, go for 3/4 cup)
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor.
- After 1-2 minutes of blending, the ingredients will form a dough. If the dough isn't sticking together, add 1 tbs water.
- Press the dough into 6 muffin tray moulds to shape into rounds. Alternatively, press into a loaf tray and cut into squares or bars.
- Eat immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.