Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: See freezing time on your ice cream maker
- Avocados 3 cups, mashed
- Water. 1 1/2 cups
- Sugar. 1/2 cups
- Lemon juice 1/3 cup
- Chocolate chips. 1 cup
- 1. Peal all three avocados and mash lightly.
- In a sauce pot heat the sugar water lemon juice together until all is melted and the water is clear.
- Add in the avocados and cook until the smooth don't walk away form it it will burn.
- Keep stirring to no more lumps.
- Let cool over night in a bowl. Have your ice cream maker base chilling in the freezer over night. If possible, chill for up to two days.
- Pour the chilled avocado mix into your ice cream mixer base and turn it on to the direction on your mixer once you see the sorbet coming together add in the chocolate chips or any other topping you like as well.
- Once it's done in the mixer you can eat as is over place it back into the freezer to keep frozen until serving.
The richness of the avocado gives you that thick creaminess you would if your were eating cows milk ice cream. A nice pop of lemon juice and the sweetness of chocolate is a fantastic contrast.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.