Adding peanut butter to soup may sound a bit strange to some, but after trying this recipe, or other non traditional recipes for the sweet spread, you will be happy that you did!
- 4-5 large carrots, skinned and chopped
- 1 large potato, chopped
- 3 table spoons peanut butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 table spoons fresh basil
- 2 table spoons fresh cilantro
- 1 tea spoon cumin seeds
- 2 table spoons salt (or more, to taste)
- 1 table spoon black pepper
- 2 table spoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 5 cups water
- Dash of sesame oil.
Put all ingredients in a soup pot, and boil for 20 minutes, until the vegetables have become tender. Remove from heat and set aside for at least 2 hours to cool.
Once the soup has cooled, transfer to a blender, and blend until the soup as reached a uniform consistency.
Return the soup to the soup pot, and heat gently before serving.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.