Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
After dreaming of pancakes last weekend (really), I did not waste any time on dream analysis. Instead, I urgently Googled "vegan pancakes" and made my way to the supermarket to gather the essentials. As per usual, I did not stick to the recipe and I successfully incorporated my own blissful twist. Here's what happened:
Single girl serving (about 3 pancakes):
- 1/2 cup nutty whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon raw cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/16 teaspoon of fine Himalayan salt (just a pinch)
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (not deodorized)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Dried coconut flakes
- Heat a pan to medium-high heat on the stove top.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients (except the dried raw coconut) and then add the oat milk, coconut oil, and blueberries.
- Pour a third of the mixture into the pan and cook until bubbles begin to form on the top.
- Flip it and cook it for about a minute more and then place on a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve warm, drizzle with organic maple syrup and dried coconut flakes.
Seriously, so good.
Besides being delicious, check out why else these pancakes are so good:
More on the health benefits of coconut oil.
More on the health benefits of blueberries.
*Image courtesy Flickr Creative Commons.