Preparation Time 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
- Potatoes, boiled 4 large
- Coconut oil 3 tablespoons
- Onions, chopped 2 large
- Whole dry red chili peppers 8-10
- Tamarind 1 lemon sized ball
- Salt to taste
- Peel the boiled potatoes and cut them into one inch sized cubes.
- Heat coconut oil in a wok. Add the onion into the hot oil and sauté.
- Roast the whole red chili peppers in a separate pan and grind into a fine paste, then mix it with the tamarind.
- When the onions turn brown, add the ground paste and sauté.
- Add half a cup of water and mix.
- Add salt and potato cubes and mix gently.
- Once the water comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for four to five minutes or until the gravy becomes gravy.
- Serve hot.