Pumpkin has been one of my absolute favorite vegetables since childhood. I simply love the pumpkin lattes, soups and pies. So, since pumpkin is in the air or rather all around us, I thought of sharing this recipe for a pumpkin spread. It’s a very simple recipe yet can make a huge difference to your sandwiches and makes them taste simply awesome.
All you need is:
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pack soft tofu
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together and process them to make a puree and you’re ready to go.
- Now let’s also put it into a sandwich.
- Toast your bread.
- Smear the toasts with pumpkin spread and then layer sliced avocados, tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Sprinkle a little pepper on top and there you are.
- Enjoy the awesome pumpkin spread sandwich.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.