Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1 15-ounce can organic pumpkin
- 1/2 cup organic applesauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup organic avocado oil
- 3 1/2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1 cup organic flax meal
- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup crystallized ginger
- 1 cup organic pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup organic dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour two six by twelve inch loaf pans.
Mix pumpkin, applesauce, water and oil in a 2-quart mixing bowl. Mix at medium speed for two minutes or until well blended. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, flax meal, oats, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Add to the pumpkin mixture and mix on low speed until just combined. Add crystallized ginger, pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries. Mix on low speed until combined.
Place pumpkin batter into prepared loaf pans. Place in oven and bake for fifty minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaves comes out clean. Remove loaves from the oven and place on a wire rack for fifteen minutes to cool. Remove loaves from pans and place on wire racks to cool completely.
Makes two loaves, about 24 slices.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.