Cook Time: +/- 3 hours
Chocolate is always the answer, especially if you want a bit of a romantic menu on Valentine’s Day. But vegan chocolate is even better, especially when enjoyed with creamy almond butter. Here is how to make mouth-watering choc-almond butter truffles.
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 pound dark chocolate (please choose fair trade and organic!)
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1 cup of cashews (or any other nut of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (if you want to use almond butter without the addition of cashews or other nuts, you can)
- cocoa powder
- shredded coconut
How to Make Them
- 1. Take the nuts and add them to your blender along with the cup of cold water. You want to blend this at high speed for about a minute or so, so that your nuts will be finely chopped and you get a creamy texture.
- 2. Add in the almond butter and stir it well so that it is soft and smooth.
- 3. Take the chocolate and heat it up on the stove by placing its bowl into a small pot of hot water.
- 4. When the chocolate has cooled down a bit, you want to fold in the nut mixture.
- 5. The chocolate will want to harden quickly so move fast to make small balls from the mixture.
- 6. Place them into the fridge for approximately two hours.
- 7. When they are nice and quite hard, take out the balls and shape them better. You can do this easily with the use of your hands so that they are perfectly rounded.
- 8. Finally, roll the balls into your cocoa powder, then in your shredded coconut so that they have a delicious layer on top. You could also roll them in chopped nuts if you like.
- 9. Try your best not to eat them all before your partner comes home! :)
*Image courtesy Flickr Creative Commons