Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: No Bake
Summer is almost here and it is time to dig out my favorite no bake cookie recipes. During the warm summer months I don’t care to spend my days indoors slaving over a hot stove backing cookies. What is wonderful about these two recipes is that you can prepare them in less than 30 minutes. Your children can have sweet, healthy vegan snacks all summer long. Furthermore, you will have more time to spend outside doing activities with the kids.
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 Cup + 2 Tablespoon softened vegan butter or margarine
- 2 Cups granulated graham crackers – easy vegan graham cracker recipe
- 2 Cups vegan confectioner’s sugar – easy vegan confection sugar recipe
- 1 Cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ Cups chocolate morsels – I use Enjoy Life chocolate morsels
- In your food processor, add vegan confectioner’s sugar, peanut butter, vegan graham crackers, and 1 cup of softened vegan butter or margarine.
- In a glass baking disk 9 x 13 spread your graham cracker base.
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate morsels and the remaining 2 tablespoons of vegan butter or margarine. If you don’t have a double boiler you can melt your chocolate morsels in the microwave.
- Pour your melted chocolate over your graham cracker base.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until the chocolate has hardened.
Vegan No Bake Cookies
- 1 ¾ Cups vegan sugar
- ½ Cup Hemp or Soy milk – I have also used coconut milk in this recipe
- 8 Tablespoons vegan butter or margarine
- 3 Tablespoons organic creamy peanut butter
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 3 Cups Quaker quick cooking oats
- 3 Tablespoon Nestle unsweetened cocoa powder
- In medium sized saucepan, mix hemp milk, butter, and cocoa powered together.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in oats, salt, vanilla, and peanut butter.
- Drop a spoonful of the mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let sit for 20 to 30 minutes until the cookies become firm.