Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
I simply cannot get enough avocados. I have a deluge of breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes that feature this amazing vegan staple. I love substituting guacamole for traditional sandwich spreads. I like to make avocado slices the side dish of "bread" with my meal. I also enjoy adding avocado to my summer salads and winter soups. However, instead of another avocado-inspired dip or wrap (which I simply love), I want to share two absolutely amazing desserts. These sweet avocado treats will even have your non-vegan friends enamored!
Amazing Dessert #1: Baked Vegan Avocado Treats
o 1/4 cup mashed avocado
o 1/4 cup coconut oil
o 1/4 cup sugar
o 1/2 cup brown sugar
o 1 1/4 cups flour
o 1/3 cup almond milk
o 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
o 1 teaspoon baking powder
o 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or whatever you like to use to keep your treats from sticking).
2. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder to a medium bowl and blend.
3. In a large separate bowl, blend the avocado, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and sugars together until the mixture smooth.
4. Add the flour mixture and almond milk. Stir until the flour is completely blended.
5. Use a tablespoon to scoop cookie dough into balls and place them on your prepared baking sheet. Use a spatula to lightly flatten each ball while still keeping them about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake your sweet vegan treats for about 10-15 minutes, or until the edges are nice and firm. Let them cool before eating!
Amazing Dessert #2: Easy Vegan Avocado Shake
o 1 avocado
o 1/4 cup sugar
o 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
o 1/2 cup almond milk
Instructions: Mix peeled and pitted avocado with a food processor or mixer. Stir in almond milk, sugar and vanilla until the mixture is smooth. Chill shake in the fridge for about 15-25 minutes.
Enjoy your amazing treats!